Sheet Music: Score
Symphony No. 3 : Century, opus 91 / Andrew Schultz.
Also known as: Century
by Andrew Schultz (2012)
Composer Andrew Schultz was engaged by the Centenary of Canberra to compose the Centenary Symphony Commission premiered at the Centenary's Birthday Celebrations event at 8pm on Monday 11 March 2013; performed by the Canberra Symphony Orchestra under the baton of Conductor Nicholas Milton. The performance of the work was the culmination of a full day of activity around Lake Burley-Griffin, followed by a fireworks finale saluting the Griffins' design of Canberra.
The 35 minute work is dramatic and bouyant and is in three movements.
Published by: Australian Music Centre — 1 facsimile score (146p. -- A3 (portrait))
Duration: 34 mins, 25 sec.
Movement 1: Struggle -- Movement 2: Dream -- Movement 3: Create.
Dedicated to Robyn Archer
This work is also available in the following products:
Digital Audio Album: Century / Andrew Schultz ; Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra.
- Browse other works for Full orchestra
- Browse other works by Andrew Schultz
Analysis & Media
- Resonate Article: Andrew Schultz's Symphony No. 3 – Century
- Review: CSO rises to ‘Centenary’ premiere music Symphony No. 3 – “Century” World premiere, Canberra’s Centenary celebrations, 11 March 2013.
by Clinton White. © CityNews
- Review: Schultz scores a century
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login