- Presented by: Live Performance Australia
- Further information: http://helpmannawards.com.au
- Awarded: Annually since 2002
- Browse other prizes & awards
The annual Helpmann Awards recognise distinguished artistic achievement and excellence in the many disciplines of Australia's vibrant live performance sectors, including musical theatre, contemporary music, comedy, opera, classical music, dance and physical theatre.
The principal objective of Live Performance Auatralia in establishing the Awards is to nationally and internationally serve and promote the Australian live performance industry by:
- recognising distinguished artistic achievement and excellence;
- ensuring the Awards are administered and produced with integrity;
- ensuring the Awards are celebrated by the industry and the Australian community; and
- ensuring the Awards are the most prestigious awards in the industry and the highlight of each Season.
Recipients of this award
|Year||Placing||Awarded to||Awarded for|
|2002||Winner, Best New Australian Work||Richard Mills||Batavia|
|2002||Winner, Best Original Score||Iain Grandage||Cloudstreet|
|2004||Winner, Best Original Score||Elena Kats-Chernin||Wild swans|