SOLOS VI: SEBASTIAN 'Down by the Riverside'
- Date: Saturday, 18 December 2021 to Sunday, 19 December 2021, 18 Dec, 00:00 – 19 Dec, 23:59 (AEDT)
- Venue: Live streaming event (online only) — National, Australia
- Tickets: This is a free event, however registration is required online
"‘Down by the Riverside’ is an episodic journey that tracks and attempts to make meaning of my musical experiences. It explores influences and sources of inspiration I have found, and my attempts to incorporate these into my playing and life, representing them as musical spheres of influence, which I like to think of as musical bubbles.
In this concert there are three musical bubbles featured:
1. Creekside Creekside details my attempt to recapture the magic of the original source of my musical inspiration, something which has been difficult for me. (Music by Sebastian Pini.)
2. Erster Verlust This episode reflects on the times in my life where I have learnt to use music as an expressive device, particularly moments which are too intense and painful to voice. (Music by Stephen Newton.)
3. A Relentless and Discordant Flow This final episode represents the current struggles within my own musical bubble and the impossibility of incorporating the many styles of expression and thought that I want to represent musically. (Music by Sebastian Pini.)
Participating in the FABLE ARTS SOLOS series has presented an unusual and honestly confronting opportunity to stretch myself and try new things. It has made me think more about the meaning of what I do and the many under-utilised pathways for personal expression. I am honoured to be able to participate in an art form that allows for intimate and impactful expression on such a large scale."
Words by Sebastian Pini
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login