Markus Plattner : Represented Artist
CV Markus Plattner
- 1952 Born in Bern, Switzerland
- 1971 Matura (HSC equivalent)
- 1977 Bachelor Degree from Swiss Jazz School, first Swiss guitarist to achieve a jazz degree in Switzerland
- 1978 works as musician in Brazil. Concerts with Eliane Elias, Nelson Ayres.
- 1980 studies composition and arrangement for 2 semesters at Berklee College in Boston, USA.
- 1984 - 86 composer and arranger for "Markus Plattner Jazz Orchestra", 1986 Prize at Swiss Jazz Contest in Lugano, Southern Switzerland
- Tours/Concerts with Art Lande, Dusko Goykovich, Andy Scherrer, Sal Nistico in Switzerland Germany, France, Italy, Greece.
- 1987 initial works with samplers, DAWs. Produces several recordings of incidental stage music
- 1988 for jazz trio and symphony orchestra 'In Between Worlds' premiered.
- 1990 Tour in Australia with "IN BETWEEN WORLDS", sponsored by Swiss Arts Council 'Pro Helvetia'
- 1992 Concerts at International Jazz Festival in Sydney with Trio/Quartet.
- 1993 CD 'The Song Man' with Swiss/Australian musicians on TCB Records.
- 1993 2nd concerto for jazz ensemble und symphony orchestra 'Stages' premiered in Bern
- 1995 'In Between Worlds' recorded in Moscow and Sydney (ABC Studios)
Australia 1996 - 2003
- teaches at Australian Institute of Music in Sydney
- 1998-2001 Masters in Composition under Bozidar Kos at Sydney Conservatorium
- 'Aspects of Third Stream Works' thesis published
- 1999 - 2001 'Pittwater Sonata', chamber piece for alto flute, French horn, violin, cello and jazz trio. Incorporates atonal techniques and jazz improvisation.
- 2000 'Jazz Mass', atonal mass for orchestra and large jazz ensemble, funded Australia Council.
- 'Represented Composer' status at Australian Music Centre
2003 - 2015 Bern, Switzerland
- 2003 - 2015 deputy director Bern Conservatorium Music School
- premieres 'Pittwater Sonata', August 2004 and '6-31' January 2005)
- some new works as from 2006:
- 'String Out' for string quartet, guitar bass and drums (premiered 2007)
- Module-X for large symphony orchestra
- 'Suite Brasileira' for guitar and orchestra (premiered 2009)
- 'Trade Winds Suite' for str. quartet, guitar bass and drums (premiered 2010)
- Suite 'Tradition and Elegance' for mixed ensemble (premiered 2011)
- Concerto No 4 for guitar, percussion and string orchestra (premiered 2014)
- Gaia for acoustic classical guitar quartet, premiered in 2019
- 2020 'Terrasses' for Chamber Orchestra, improvising guitar, b&d
2015 - 2019
- 2015 retires from deputy director post, resides in Australia and Switzerland
- founds website sheetmusic.ch for publishing own works and those of others
- founds website guitar-duets.com 80 guitar duets for educational purposes
- 2020 lives in Sydney / teaches in Switzerland from February to June
Markus Plattner — current to August 2020
|Concerto No 4 (string orchestra with solo instrument(s)) (2012)||Commissioned by Kammerorchester Neufeld, Bern Switzerland|
|JazzTromBern : jazz suite for trombone quartet (2011)||Commissioned by Slokar Quartet.|