Adrian Luca : Associate Artist
Random Audio Sample: Opiate of the masses (studio produced music (pre-recorded sound)) by Adrian Luca, from the CD Watt ever.
Adrian Luca (b. 1964) was active in five contrasting areas during the 1990s:
- Co-leading the ensemble Persistence of Vision (with Philip South) which focused on Luca's compositions. This ensemble put out a CD entitled Deconstructing the Wheel.
- Conventional fully notated scores for solo instruments and ensembles.
- Electronic works which were sometimes accompanied by computer animation and video art, such as Transomdental Fenestration commissioned by the Electra String Quartet in 1994.
- Multimedia works where computer animation and video art was projected on a screen and live performers interacted with the score on tape, such as Pericarditis commissioned by AustraLYSIS in 1996.
- Lecturing at various Universities and TAFE colleges in music technology, jazz fundamentals, music theory, keyboard and composition.
In 2000 Luca decided to temporarily retire from the creative arts and has since been working as a computer systems engineer.
Adrian Luca — current to September 2010