27 October 2017
ISCM World Music Days 2018 in Beijing - call for works
The call for works is now open for the 2018 ISCM World Music Days in Beijing, China, on 19-26 May 2018. As the Australian section of the ISCM, the Australian Music Centre is looking for works to include in their official submission. The AMC will convene a panel who will select six works for consideration by the ISCM festival jury. The deadline for submissions to the Australian section is Friday 1 December 2017.
At least one work from every official submission will be performed at the festival. Preference will be given to shorter works, and works completed after 2012.
Submissions to the Australian section should be sent to the AMC by 5pm on Friday 1 December by email. For all categories, please study carefully the relevant section of the website. For a list of required attachments, see below.
A dropbox link is preferred for large attachments and must be supplied if the combined size of files exceeds 9MB. Digital files can also be sent by mail on a CD or DVD to: Australian Music Centre, ISCM World Music Days submissions, PO Box N690, Grosvenor Place, NSW 1220. All materials should be clearly marked with the composer's name and reach the AMC by Friday 1 December 2017.
Submissions to the AMC should include:
1) The composer's personal and contact information as required by the ISCM submissions wizard: full name; name as it should appear in the program; date of birth; mailing address; nationality; gender (male/female/other); phone number; email; website (if applicable)
2) Pdf score, or audio/video documentation (for compositions without a written score)
3) Audio or video recording of the work where possible
4) Program note of the submitted work in English (max. 100 words)
5) Technical rider with the specifications of all equipment necessary to perform the work
6) Short biography of the composer in English (max. 100 words)
7) Proof of nationality of the composer (passport scan)
8) High-resolution photograph of the composer
9) Accurate duration of the work
10) Year of composition
Individual artists whose work does not get selected by the section may also submit directly to ISCM. Deadline for these individual submissions is 31 December 2017 (postmark), and a payment of €50 is required - address details and information about the payment options is available on the website.
> The 2018 ISCM World Music Days Call for Works (Beijing Modern Music Festival website)
© Australian Music Centre (2017) — Permission must be obtained from the AMC if you wish to reproduce this article either online or in print.
Be the first to share add your thoughts and opinions in response to this article.
You must login to post a comment.