17 March 2010
Australia Council grants - changes to closing dates
The Music Board of the Australia Council for the Arts has changed the closing dates of its grants categories for 2010 in order to minimise the waiting time for artists and organisations between the closing date and when decisions are advised. The new deadlines are as follows:
- Skills and Arts Development (individuals/groups and organisations): applications close 1 April and 1 September, decisions advised in June and November 2010.
- Program Grants: applications close: 5 May, decisions advised: July 2010.
- New work (general and media arts): applications close 15 June and 16 November, decisions advised in September 2010 and March 2011.
- Presentation and Promotion: applications close 15 June and 16 November, decisions advised in September 2010 and March 2011.
- Project Fellowships, Fellowships, Don Banks Music Award: applications close 1 September, decisions advised in November 2010.
Application forms will be available at least six weeks before the advertised closing dates. For more detailed information about the grant categories please visit music section of the Australia Council website. The next opportunity for organisations to apply for Key organisations multi-year and Key organsations emerging funding will be in 2011, dates to be confirmed.
© Australian Music Centre (2010) — Permission must be obtained from the AMC if you wish to reproduce this article either online or in print.
The Australian Music Centre connects people around the world to Australian composers and sound artists. By facilitating the performance, awareness and appreciation of music by these creative artists, it aims to increase their profile and the sustainability of their art form. Established in 1974, the AMC is now the leading provider of information, resources, materials and products relating to Australian new music.
Be the first to share add your thoughts and opinions in response to this article.
You must login to post a comment.