RMN Classical - Call for Electroacoustic Works 2021
- Deadline date: 27 Jun 2021 [Delivery Deadline]
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Entry fee: GBP 37 per work (Early Bird until May 23, 2021). GBP 65 per work thereafter
RMN Classical is excited to announce the Call for Electroacoustic Works 2021, a project launched to promote the creation of new works written for the fascinating sound-art genre and to discover talented composers, artists and creators.
This Call is perfect for all those artists that want to increase their chances to get discovered and want to strengthen their careers by winning and getting featured in a professionally curated album.
The winners will be featured in a top-quality album produced by RMN Classical and released worldwide through RMN Music. This new album will be distributed in a high-quality edition on Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Deezer, Tidal and numerous other stores and platform. Optionally, there will be the possibility for physical distribution, synch and licensing opportunities (tv & film) and much more (see full prize below). The release and the winning works will also be added to the prestigious Sound and Music Archive of the British Library (London, UK).
The Call for Electroacoustic Works 2021 is open to composers, artists and creatives of any age and nationality.
The prize will include:
- Production of the album
- Mastering of the winning tracks
- Commercial release with worldwide distribution
- High-quality design of the cover artwork
- Design of promotional material
- Preparation of the promotional text
- Creation of the album press release
- Essential promotion including press release distribution and social media boost (see the RMN catalogue on the RMN website for an overview of our editorial style)
- Share of the royalties from sales & streamings
- The composer keeps the rights of the work and master recording
- Rights management and royalties collection
- British Library, Sound and Music Archive registration
- Creation of official album page and composer page on RMN Classical
All of the following will be also included in the prize:
- Option for synchronisation and licensing opportunities (tv and media)
- Option for physical limited edition distribution and manufacturing (depending on demand)
- Licensing and Copyright Clearance
- Full contracts and agreements with the winning composers and artists
- Barcodes and ISRC codes
- Press release preparation and coverage
How to Participate
Application is via the Application Form on the RMN website. Payment of the fee will be by Paypal/Credit or Debit Card and also Bank Transfer. Please read guidelines below.
ACCEPTED WORKS: Electroacoustic Works
For this project, electroacoustic is defined to include acousmatic, sound-art and any type of composition made with electronics or written for electronic only instruments. The work can include acoustic instruments, voices and percussions as well as live electronics or live processing.
Please note that we need the recording of the work for this call to qualify.
If in doubt please Contact RMN Classical.
MAXIMUM DURATION: OPEN
There is no maximum duration. We strongly suggest and recommend to submit short or medium length works (5 to 7 minutes long or shorter duration).
Contemporary music no matter the genre or style (no jazz or pop please). The work can have jazz, pop, rock, world or other influences but should mainly be contemporary or experimental in the field of electronic and sound-art music.
Multi-movement works can be submitted and will count as 1 work.
NOTE: Collection of works will not count as one work and application fee should be paid accordingly.
For e.g. a collection of 3 works will count as 3 works and application fee should be paid three times or submission will be disqualified.
There are no formal restrictions and anyone regardless of age and country of residency can participate (minimum legal age of 18 required - if you are underage please contact RMN Classical before applying).
There is no limit to the number of recordings that you can submit. Please note that we will tend to select only one work per composer. In some circumstances we reserve the right to select more than one work (depending on quality of works). If more than one work is submitted the Application Fee should be paid accordingly or participant will be disqualified.
DEADLINE AND APPLICATION FEE:
EARLY BIRD [Ends May 23, 2021 at 11:59pm BST]: GBP 37 - per work submitted
STANDARD PRICE: GBP 65 - per work submitted
Final Deadline to participate is June 27, 2021 at 11:59pm BST
The application fee will be the only cost for the participant.
No other fees or costs will be due if the composer is selected.
WHAT TO SUBMIT:
A Link to a folder containing the material listed below. The link should stay active for the whole duration of the Call and selection process. Accepted systems are Dropbox, Box, Google Drive and similar. No WeTransfer please.
The required material for every work submitted is:
- Recording in mp3
- Score in pdf (if available)
- Notes about the work in doc /docx
- Notes about the composer (bio) doc /docx
- Promotional photo of the composer
To apply click on APPLY NOW button on the RMN Classical Call for Electroacoustic Works page.
The composer should be the owner of the copyright and of the master recording and should be able to license the work for the release. Please double check with any recording/sound engineer and with your performers before submitting the work. If your work is already released by any other entity (record labels, managers, agencies, etc.), you might need a permission release document. If there is any irregularity we will reserve the right to withdraw your participation and the fee would not be refunded.
Contact: RMN Music
Mailing Address: 5-7 Buck Street, London NW1 8NJ, UNITED KINGDOM