- Deadline date: 31 Aug 2021
- Date held: 21 July - 31 July 2021
- Location: Townsville, Australia
- Entry fee: Fee of AUD $399 (incl. GST) per student payable on successful selection
AFCM Winterschool Program
The AFCM Winterschool program is a truly amazing opportunity for young musical students around the world to gain invaluable coaching and development from some of Australia's finest chamber musicians. Our goal is to inspire, influence and educate musical students at both tertiary and high school level.
The Festival offers two coaching programs available, based on student age:
Advanced Masterclass Program - 2021
“This is an amazing opportunity to work with many of our festival musicians, make new friends and delve further into the wonderful world of collaborative music making.” Kathryn Stott AFCM Artistic Director
The Advanced Winterschool is held in Townsville during the Australian Festival of Chamber Music, and is an unforgettable experience for emerging musicians. Students will gain access to some of the Australia's leading artists for lessons, masterclasses, mentoring and concerts. Advanced/tertiary level ensembles are invited to apply. A warm welcome in sunny seaside Townsville is assured, as are first-rate concert experiences and coaching at an expert level. Affordable, educational and potentially life changing.
- 10-day coaching and development program
- Private and public masterclasses with leading musicians
- Performances in front of Festival and local audiences including participation in the ‘Advanced Concert’
- Networking opportunities with Festival Artists
- Private ensemble coaching from the Winterschool Director
- Entry to selected Festival concerts held at the Townsville Civic Theatre
- Complimentary AFCM Program and Welcome Pack
In 2020 the AFCM delivered workshops to music students at four Townsville high schools including Kirwan High School, Pimlico High School, Townsville Grammar and St Patricks Girls College. The Orava Quartet visited these four schools in October this year and delivered workshops, coaching and informative talks. We envisage running a similar program to local schools in 2021.
Contact: Australian Festival of Chamber Music (AFCM)
Phone: +61 7 4771 4144